Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The journey begins.....


Around Singapore.



Around Singapore.



Around Singapore.



Around Singapore.


For a start, I think it might be good for me to give you a glance of the surroundings I come from in Singapore.

You often hear that living in Singapore reminds you of living in a pressure cooking pot and that we all live like pigeons – in a hole in the sky we call “flats”.

True, true but I think we are more like an ants colony.

No? try hanging out along Orchard Road on a Saturday afternoon; endless stream of people just moving in a synchronized manner, almost like there’s a plan. But what's the plan?

These days, you don’t even need to go Orchard Road to witness this uniquely Singapore phenomenon.

Most housing estates come complete with their mini Orchard Roads.

Sometimes I suspect that there is this agenda of converting every empty lot into a sky scraping shopping mall.


“My crowded solitude” - that kinda sums it all up for me.

No comments: